IPAA Victoria’s Gain the Policy Edge course is one of our flagship professional development courses.
The week-long course equips participants with the skills needed to contribute to policy development and implementation. Discover the connection between policy development and implementation and the delivery of better services.
You will gain a comprehensive overview of the policy and leadership skills needed to gain the policy edge.
The course framework involves:
- small-group training
- a practical, hands-on program aimed at public sector professionals
- covers the steps needed for successful public policy
- insight from senior public sector leaders on their policy perspectives.
Participants will walk away from the course with an in-depth knowledge of:
- skills needed for policy development and implementation
- how policy is developed and implemented across government
- the essential components to create good policy.
This course is designed for those who are senior policy makers who need to understand a sound policy framework.
“Being relatively new to the public sector, Gain the Policy Edge helped me create good policy and understand the interaction of policy and government. Best facilitators I have had on a program and a good opportunity to build networks with other participants.”
— Andrew Crow, Manager Post Acute Services, Metropolitan Health and Aged Care Services, Department of Human Services
“I liked the role plays and group work – even though challenging! Gain the Policy edge provided a good opportunity to listen to high profile government figures (past & present).”
— Tracey Mander, Senior Project Officer, Department of Health