IPAA Victoria’s Gain the Policy Edge course is one of our flagship professional development courses.
The five-day course equips participants with the skills needed to contribute to policy development and implementation. Discover the connection between policy development and implementation and the delivery of better services.
You will gain a comprehensive overview of the policy and leadership skills needed to gain the policy edge.
The course framework involves:
- small-group training
- a practical, hands-on program aimed at public sector professionals
- covers the steps needed for successful public policy
- insight from senior public sector leaders on their policy perspectives.
Participants will walk away from the course with an in-depth knowledge of:
- skills needed for policy development and implementation
- how policy is developed and implemented across government
- the essential components to create good policy.
This course is designed for those who are senior policy makers who need to understand a sound policy framework.
“A fantastic experience for someone who has been in the public sector for most of their working life but hasn’t had the in-depth training or mentoring on public policy and the art and science that goes toward creating good policy.”
— Jehad Ahlip, Victorian Institute of Teaching
“This is an outstanding course for early career policy advisers and for those seeking to build their policy capability. I left the course feeling better equipped with tools and frameworks to apply policy principles in the workplace. ”
— Vivienne O’Shannessy. Victorian Academy of Teaching and Leadership