Thank you for joining the IPAA Victoria Member Portal, IPAA Victoria’s online member community. The IPAA Victoria Member Portal is one of the many ways we support our members to connect, learn and grow as we strive towards our goal to strengthen the capability and impact of Victoria’s public purpose sector.
Members of IPAA Victoria can use the portal to:
- update and manage their profile and preferences
- access member-only resources and share knowledge
- connect and collaborate through a member-only forum.
We invite our members to use the Member Portal to its fullest extent to build connections with peers, share knowledge and resources and engage in peer conversations to share and learn from the experience of others.
Respect for privacy and the confidentiality of all members is essential.
For further information regarding the Member Portal, please contact the IPAA Victoria Membership team via email: email@example.com
Creating an IPAA Victoria Member Portal account
IPAA Victoria personal members or employees of organisation members can register and create a Member Portal account to access the member-only areas of the portal: member forum and member resources and content.
Creating an account is a three-step process.
Complete the Member Portal User Registration form.
Note: Personal members may register using either their personal or professional email address.
Organisation members: to register as an employee of an organisation member you will need to use your work email address to be recognised.
Once the form is submitted, you will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org (please check your spam folder if you don’t receive the email within 5 minutes) with an invitation link to create your login details.
You will be directed to a page title ‘Register for a new local account’. Enter the username and password you wish to use. When you submit your information, you will be directed to your member profile page in the IPAA Victoria Member Portal.
Members are required to create a password in order to access the IPAA Victoria Member Portal.
- Allow anyone to watch you enter your password when accessing the Member Portal;
- Record your password in any manner that would indicate to anyone that it is the user’s password. You need to inform us as soon as possible if you become aware of misuse of your password or loss or theft of a record of the password, or if you suspect that the password has become known to anyone.
- iIf you delay unreasonably in notifying us of a breach, you will be liable for any losses incurred.
You must also advise IPAA Victoria if you do not want your username and email address to be available in your member profile. Users are in control of their own profile as well as their personal information displayed.
The comments published on the IPAA Victoria member forum represent a wide range of views and interests of the participating individuals and organisations. Statements made during online discussions are the personal opinions of the commentators and do not necessarily reflect those of IPAA Victoria or our members and partners.
By using the IPAA Victoria member forum, you acknowledge the following:
i. You take responsibility for the content or opinions posted or sent by users in any forum;
ii. You take responsibility for all postings under your username
iii. You use the information provided in the forums at your own risk
iv. Engaging with the IPAA Victoria member forum provides no expectation of privacy with regards to posts or submissions (see privacy above)
v. The forums and features on the IPAA Victoria member forum are public and not for private communications.
vi. Exercise caution if sharing personal information online as IPAA Victoria cannot guarantee the security of any information willingly and knowingly disseminated online.
vii. Decisions related to trade and commerce (i.e. investment) should not be based on information contained in the IPAA Victoria member forum, as IPAA Victoria cannot be held responsible for such content or for financial decisions made on the basis of such information.
viii. Further to these guidelines, as a participating member of the IPAA Victoria member forum, you agree to:
Not post, distribute, or otherwise make available or transmit any data, text, or message, that IPAA Victoria deems to be:
- Defamatory, abusive, harassing, insulting, threatening, or that could be deemed to be stalking;
- Bigoted, hateful, or racially offensive;
- Vulgar, obscene, or sexually explicit (language or images); or that
- Encourages or advocates illegal activity or the discussion of illegal activities with the intent to commit them; or that
- Infringes upon and / or violates any domestic or international law, rule, or regulation or make statements that do not generally pertain to the designated topic or theme of any forum.
- Misleading, deceptive, false, defamatory or libellous content
- Unproven or unsupported accusations against individuals or organisations;
- Advertise or sell any products, services or otherwise (whether or not for profit) or solicit others or use any forum for commercial purposes of any kind;
- Impersonate any person or entity or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person or entity;
- Engage in antisocial, disruptive, or destructive acts, including “flaming”, “spamming”, “flooding”, “trolling”, as those terms are commonly understood and used on the internet. This includes adding repeated posts in multiple discussions. Spamming may also include tagging many members in a discussion, or private message a large number of members with the same communication.
- Please do not post duplicate posts – these will be removed from the platform.
- Please use caution when discussing products or services. Information posted on the discussion groups and in the libraries is available for all to see, and comments are subject to applicable laws, including defamation and competition laws.
- Messages should not be posted if they encourage or facilitate members to arrive at any agreement that either expressly or impliedly leads to price fixing, a boycott of another’s business, or other conduct intended to illegally restrict free trade. Messages that encourage or facilitate an agreement about the following subjects are inappropriate: prices, discounts, or terms or conditions of sale; salaries; profits, profit margins, or cost data; market shares, sales territories, or markets; allocation of customers or territories; or selection, rejection, or termination of customers or suppliers.
- Do not collect data, member contact details or any other form of content from this platform for personal use or gain.
Forum discussion etiquette
i. Respect others. Focus on the content of posts and not on the people making them.
ii. State concisely and clearly the topic of your post in the subject line. This allows members to respond more appropriately to your posting and makes it easier for members to search the archives by subject.
iii. When replying with messages such as “thanks for the information” or “me, too” to individuals, do this by using the “Reply to Sender” link in every message. Rather than responding the entire group. This will ensure notifications are relevant and effective
iv. Do not send administrative messages, such as “remove me from the list,” to the group. Instead, use the web interface to change your settings or to remove yourself from a list. If you are changing email addresses, you do not need to remove yourself from the list and re-join under your new email address. Simply change your settings.
v. Post your message or document only to the most appropriate forums. This helps to ensure that all messages receive the appropriate response by eliminating “noise”.
IPAA Victoria’s member forum and its authorised officers reserve the right to:
- Remove any material that does not conform to the guidelines above;
- Turn over unconscionable or illegal materials to law enforcement officials that violate the terms above;
- Remove content including messages, emails or postings that violate the terms above, or that do not pertain to the designated topic or theme of the forum discussion;
- Otherwise remove or edit content from the forum at any time and for any reason should IPAA Victoria deem it necessary;
IPAA Victoria may without notice to you remove, amend, alter or deny access to any user-generated content in its sole discretion if it is required to do so by any Applicable Law or order or judgment of a Court or tribunal of fact or law or other competent body (including any “take down notice” issued under the Broadcasting Services Act 1992 (Commonwealth).
All copyright for material published on the site is retained and/or has copyright clearance by IPAA Victoria. Internally generated content is the property of IPAA Victoria and is subject to copyright under Australian law. Using the Member Portal contents for any purpose other than membership services and education is subject to approval by IPAA Victoria.
Please make sure information you upload to the IPAA Victoria member forum has copyright clearance prior to appearing on the site. IPAA Victoria does not accept responsibility for copyright breaches of the material updated by users, other than IPAA Victoria administrators.
IPAA Victoria Member Portal administrators will endeavour to ensure that any material, links and images uploaded to the site comply with the IPAA Victoria Member Portal terms and conditions. Ensure that any print or website material is used only for personal use or non-commercial purposes.
Copyright and other intellectual property notices as presented in the original material must be stated. Use of this site and the provision of services, such as membership, events and intellectual property exchange provided by the IPAA Victoria Member Portal are subject to Australian law.
IPAA Victoria Member Portal users are subject to the following copyright guidelines
- You cannot use or distribute material from this site for public or commercial purpose without express written permission from IPAA Victoria.
- Do not publish another person’s intellectual property without their written and express consent. Ensure that you post content that you have personally created or have permission to use (see below) and have properly attributed to the content creator if required.
- The intellectual property of all material published on this website remains with the author. Any material published on this website may be reproduced only with the following acknowledgment:
“Originally authored by (insert name of author) and published on IPAA Victoria member forum (embed hyperlink to IPAA Victoria member forum here (embed hyperlink to corresponding page of IPAA Victoria) on (insert date published on IPAA Victoria member forum)”.
If any term, condition, or provision of these terms or conditions is determined to be unlawful, invalid, void, or for any reason unenforceable, the validity and enforceability of the remaining terms, conditions and provisions shall not in any way be affected or impaired.
IPAA Victoria will not be liable for any injury, loss or damage of any nature whatsoever (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) which is suffered or sustained as a result of or in connection with:
- Receiving, giving or using any opinion, view, advice or other material expressed on the IPAA Victoria member forum;
- Access to or non-access to the IPAA Victoria Member Portal or website, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
[This page was last updated on 23/09/2020]