IPAA Victoria and the Department of Treasury and Finance proudly present the Building the Business Case course.
This popular course incorporates real-world examples illustrating best-practice business case development principles. Delivered by experienced business case writers and reviewers, you will learn how to build a compelling business case and develop a persuasive investment strategy.
You will gain a comprehensive overview of building the business case by:
- a two-part delivery covering everything from investment to delivery
- having the opportunity to gain a fundamental overview of business cases from senior Department of Treasury and Finance advisors
- learning through Interactive case studies
- asking questions to those directly in the know.
You will gain a comprehensive overview of how your role relates to the structures, processes and accountabilities for government in Victoria, including:
- delivered in two parts from investment to delivery
- the opportunity to gain a fundamental overview of business cases from senior Department of Treasury and Finance advisors
- learn through Interactive case studies
- ask questions to those directly in the know.
Part 1: Investment case
- government decision-making processes and context setting
- problem definition and the case for change
- response option development and project options assessment.
Part 2: Delivery case
- project solution – validate a well-considered and complete solution
- commercial and procurement
- project schedule and budget.
This course is designed for those who are responsible for budget handling and submissions.
Simple, interactive, informative.
— Yadwinder Hunan, Department of Transport
It was valuable, far more so than I expected – and the facilitator really was exceptional, he was personable, knowledgeable and just really engaging
— Pilot program participant, Department of Transport