IPAA Victoria’s Write Right course will examine and practice writing strategies and processes that can be applied to emails, letters, or short reports.
In today’s fast-moving world, it is imperative for your writing to stand out from the crowd and for you to communicate intended messages to create an impression that is professional, knowledgeable, and impactful. You will be able to recognise and create what public sector leaders are looking for in a well-written document.
You will gain a comprehensive knowledge of Write Right by:
- developing writing skills by examining and practicing strategies and processes
- using a combination of expert presentations, engaging case studies, and hands-on exercises
- putting into practice specific writing techniques and methods
- being clear and concise with your writing, be better understood by your reader.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- tailor your message to a specific audience and objective
- overcome ‘writer’s block’
- structure your information to flow logically and clearly
- write with clarity and impact, using best-practice modern writing conventions
- use appropriate paragraph structure to highlight your main points
- write strong sentences, using words selected for accuracy and impact
- develop effective strategies for the ‘final check’.
The ideal course participant is a professional who:
- wants to understand best practice writing for the sector
- needs clarity and assistance for writing concise and engaging documents.
I enjoyed the program – easy to understand and covered lots of relevant things
— Lakmini Wela, Commission for Children and Young People
100% of attendees agreed that Write Right gave them skills they could immediately apply in their role
— 2018 IPAA Victoria feedback surveys