IPAA Victoria’s Analysing and Presenting Data course provides a foundation for data literacy and presentation skills that allows you to effectively deliver and communicate insights.
Professionals within the public purpose sector use data to inform strategic decision making and assure stakeholders and communities that actions are reinforced by quality data. To help understand what is happening in our community, across our economy, and within our organisations, datasets play a crucial role in telling that story.
- use a variety of real-life case studies and hands-on activities
- deliver best practice insights to help you to identify analytical and presentation methods that are best suited
- improve your data analysis and presentation skills
You will gain a comprehensive overview of how to analyse and present data by exploring:
- the purpose of data and analysis, and what it is trying to achieve
- different Analysis techniques and methods
- how to gather and construct datasets
- common traps and pitfalls in data analysis
- incorporating data analysis into reports and proposals
- develop techniques for presenting data in tables and charts.
This course is designed for those who are:
- required to understand trends and patterns in datasets
- contribute to data reports, submissions and proposals
- help others make decisions
Simple, interactive, informative.
— Yadwinder Hunan, Department of Transport
It was valuable, far more so than I expected – and the facilitator really was exceptional, he was personable, knowledgeable and just really engaging
— Pilot program participant, Department of Transport