The wellbeing of our people, environment and society depends on us making better decisions in situations of uncertainty. In this context, we all need to be more dynamic and flexible to address the uncertainty and build organisational resilience. We can do this through risk management.
When it comes to risk, the public sector is shifting from a culture of compliance to a culture of managing uncertainty.
Through the revised Victorian Government Risk Management Framework, and more than 40 practical guides and resources, the Victorian Managed Insurance Authority (VMIA) is helping organisations and agencies across the Victorian public sector effectively manage risk and make decisions in situations of uncertainty, so they can continue to create value for Victorians.
In this interactive, jargon-free chat, we’ll demystify risk management. You’ll hear from risk professionals from Victorian Managed Insurance Authority (VMIA) and the public sector explain why risk is about more than compliance, and the practical steps you can take to make better decisions about the future.
If you attend this session, you will understand:
- what risk is, and what it isn’t
- how to use risk management approaches to slow down decision making, consider scenarios and create/protect value
- practical, simple changes you can adopt to improve the way you manage uncertainty in your day-to-day work in the VPS
- embedding risk thinking and techniques to identify, manage and report on uncertainty and its impact to your organisation
- how to tap into expert advice, guidance and support through the VMIA’s resource library and events.
Jacquie Delord B. Comm, MA, AAICD
Head of Service Development, VMIARead More
Jane Boag B. App Sc, Grad Dip, GAICD MICD
Head of Enterprise Risk, VMIARead More
CEO, Victorian Assisted Reproductive Treatment AuthorityRead More
Kristy Hornby (Host)
Associate Director, Grosvenor Performance group, Risk Communities of Practice ChairRead More