IPAA Victoria’s Strategic Thinking course provides a framework for approaching your day-to-day work more strategically, allowing you to utilise your time more effectively, engage in professional relationships, and implement solutions for positive change.
Strategic thinking is not only critical to successful policy development and service delivery – it is vital for a fulfilling and enjoyable public purpose sector career.
You will gain a comprehensive knowledge of Strategic Thinking by:
- understanding when and how to apply strategic thinking to any task that involves planning for change
- applying to different areas of policy development, service delivery, advocacy, and stakeholder relationships.
- leaving with a tangible enhancement to a strategic task in which they are currently involved.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- apply strategic thinking to any task that involves planning for change
- use a strategic thinking framework to analyse challenges, set objectives, and identify solutions for positive change
- evaluate success and failure in strategic thinking
- enhance your approach to a task of your choice.
The ideal course participant is a professional who is:
- a public sector manager
- part of a project team
- looking to move into a management position
- seeking to improve their strategic skills.
Simple, interactive, informative
— Yawinder Hunan, Department of Transport
It was valuable, far more so than I expected – and the facilitator really was exceptional, he was personable, knowledgeable and just really engaging
— Pilot program participant, Department of Transport