IPAA Victoria’s Influencing course will provide you with effective influencing and negotiation strategies across various situations, with a particular focus on public sector values.
Use your influence and negotiation skills to build support behind the scenes for ideas and gaining agreement on proposals is vital. You will gain a comprehensive knowledge of how to build influence for positive outcome in the public sector.
Participants can expect to be guided through:
- active learning techniques and the study of practical cases
- an exploration the importance of developing long-term relationships
- how to gain buy-in and support from key internal and external clients or stakeholders.
You will gain a comprehensive knowledge of Influencing through:
- obtaining variety of different influencing approaches to help gain approval to proposals and ideas
- building behind the scenes support for ideas to ensure buy-in and ownership.
This course is designed for those who:
- work at a manager level
- work on change management
- required to provide feedback or present a different viewpoint and want to improve your negotiation skills.
I walked away from this program feeling invigorated and empowered to achieve anything
— Emma, Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning
72% of attendees rated Influencing facilitator Christine Nixon as Excellent
— 2018 IPAA Victoria feedback surveys