IPAA Victoria’s Project Management course provides you with an introduction or a refresher on the core practices and terminology of project management.
Learn the tools and framework for monitoring and how best to manage risk and engage with sponsors and stakeholders.
You will gain a comprehensive knowledge of Project Management by:
- identifying requirements, measure outcomes, and navigate a project through its governance and approval processes.
- navigating case studies, and a mix of small group activities using project management tools and templates
- understanding the steps involved to be able to deliver new policies and better services with robust planning, implementation, and evaluation.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- prepare a strategic ‘project on a page’ schematic
- define the work required over the four stages of the project management lifecycle
- develop a comprehensive workplan, including project roles and responsibilities
- understand project estimating factors and their impacts on timelines
- prepare project reports and a stakeholder engagement plan
- review governance and decision-making processes.
The ideal course participant is someone who:
- manage, design, or report on projects
- want to improve your project management skills
- are a grant or contract manager
- work as a project officer
- member of a governance body.
Great high-level overview of the project management process from start to finish
— Abigail Greer, Department of Health and Human Services
This program has given me a good foundation to participate in projects in a much more efficient, practical and useful way
— Amanda Lee, Supreme Court of Victoria