IPAA Victoria’s Producing Persuasive Reports and Proposals course provides a practical framework for you to distil complex information and prepare a persuasive report or business case.
Reports need to deliver the clarity sought by time poor readers while also providing the detail necessary to give them the assurance they seek in making difficult decisions.
You will gain a comprehensive knowledge of how to produce persuasive reports and proposals by:
- reviewing and assessing successful reports from real-life case studies, including executive summaries and business cases.
- identifying and implementing proposal writing methods find the best ways to promote complex information and ideas.
- learning methods that can be applied to writing clear and effective executive summaries and well-structured business presentations.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- learn how to research and identify information to substantiate an argument or business case
- use straightforward narrative structure for preparing and presenting a report or proposals
- present data and statistics in a relevant and comprehensible structure
- present your proposal in clear manner that links directly to your organisation’s decision-making
- distil difficult information into a compelling and easy-to-understand narrative.
The ideal course participant is someone who:
- contributes to reports, submissions or proposals
- drafts reports or business cases
- wants to improve your proposal writing skills
- writes reports, submissions or proposals
- wants to learn how to accurately collate, organise and present information.
Simple, interactive, informative
— Yawinder Hunan, Department of Transport
It was valuable, far more so than I expected – and the facilitator really was exceptional, he was personable, knowledgeable and just really engaging
— Pilot program participant, Department of Transport