This event will form part of IPAA Victoria’s Climate Change & Sustainability series. The event is an opportunity for public sector professionals working in the area of climate change or sustainability, or those who have a keen interest, to hear from experts in this area.
Join us for an engaging event that delves into the pivotal issues surrounding Victoria’s journey towards decarbonising the energy sector. Our event features a thought-provoking panel discussion and a compelling keynote address, offering insights into the critical challenges and opportunities that lie ahead.
Panel Discussion: Navigating the Decarbonisation Landscape, experts will explore three key areas fostering in-depth conversations:
- Community Impacts: Gain valuable perspectives on the effects of energy decarbonisation on rural, regional, and Indigenous communities. Understand the social dynamics and considerations crucial for a sustainable transition.
- Customer Impacts and Cost of Living Pressures: Delve into the intricacies of customer impacts within the broader context of cost of living pressures. Explore how decarbonisation aligns with economic considerations and its implications for consumers.
- Delivery Challenges: Uncover the complexities of implementing a large-scale decarbonisation program spanning generation, transmission, and storage. Navigate the challenges against the backdrop of other significant infrastructure projects taking shape across the State/Nation.
Keynote Address by Elizabeth Molyneux, Deputy Secretary Energy, Department of Energy, Environment and Climate Action: Shaping the Future of Energy in Victoria providing valuable insights and offering a roadmap for Victoria’s energy future.
8:30 am: Registrations begin
9:00 am – 9.05 am: Introduction
9:05 am – 9:15 am: Keynote address
9.15 am – 10:15 am: Panel discussion
10:15 am – 10:45 am: Q&A session
10:45 am – 11.15 am: Networking
- Victorian Public Sector employees
- Local Government Sector employees
- Energy sector professionals
- Organisations working in the area of sustainability and energy
- Anyone passionate about sustainable energy solutions
- Individuals looking to increase their knowledge about challenges related to energy transition
- Sustainability Community of Practice network
Deputy Secretary Energy, Department of Energy, Environment and Climate ActionRead More
Natalie Reiter, Deputy Secretary, Strategy & Precincts, Department of Transport and PlanningRead More
Executive Manager Policy and Research, St Vincent De Paul Society VictoriaRead More
KPMG Partner, Energy Infrastructure, Energy TransitionRead More
Director City Planning and Infrastructure, City of CaseyRead More
Partner, KPMG, Indigenous Services LeadRead More