IPAA Victoria’s Strategic Decision Making for the Public Sector Professional course equips you with the knowledge, skills and tools to begin making better decisions immediately.
It also provides you with a decision-making framework that can help you to avoid making bad decisions. As the environment in which public sector organisations operate becomes more competitive, complex and uncertain, the need to make effective decisions is more important than ever.
As a fully online, self-paced program, this course provides you with the flexibility to develop a life-changing skill set when and how you want to and can be listened to via audio at your convenience.
This self-paced program begins on the first business day of every month and you will be sent a link to the online platform prior to the start date.
- gain knowledge that can improve your individual performance and contribute to achieve long-term objectives
- improve your individual performance and contribute to your organisation’s ability to achieve its long-term objectives.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- approach future decisions with an understanding of what constitutes a high-quality decision;
- contribute more effectively to your organisation’s capacity to achieve its objectives through higher quality decision-making;
- improve the quality of your professional and personal decisions by developing your ‘decision fitness’; and
- improve your individual performance and add value to your organisation by consistently making better decisions.
The ideal course participant is a professional who:
- writes and prepare briefs;
- provide advice or formulate policy options for senior decision-makers;
- perform in a project or project management role;
- undertake project planning;
- perform in a policy or advisory role;
- undertake policy analysis and/or strategic planning; or
- successfully deliver project outcomes.
Thought-provoking and inspiring
— Aaron Bawden, Victorian Pharmacy Authority