IPAA Victoria’s Skilled Minute Taking course provides participants with the skills and strategies to develop a dependable system for recording accurate and relevant minutes of any meeting. Accurate and concise minute-taking is essential to effective public purpose sector organisations, providing a record for future reference of discussions and decisions made at meetings.
Participants will gain a comprehensive knowledge of how be skilled at minute taking through exploring:
- hands-on exercises, document reviews and critiques to help identify and capture key information
- consistent minute-taking system that utilises the best information and identifies key issues and messages.
- practical templates, appropriate formats, styles and languages for presenting the outcomes of different types of meetings.
Participants will walk away from the course with an in-depth knowledge on how to:
- identify critical information to be minuted
- create an agenda for capturing relevant information
- develop an effective template for minutes for your organisation
- integrate a standardised numbering system to facilitate cross-referencing
- keep track of action items
- understand appropriate language and style for formal and informal meetings
- prepare a checklist of tasks to be carried out before, during and after meetings.
This course is designed for those who:
- regularly compiles minutes, strategic planning forums, team briefings, or other working group meetings
- wants to improve your minute taking
- wants to learn how to create documents relevant to minute taking
- wants to identify key information that should be listed during minute taking.
Invaluable in detailing best practice and giving you practical skills that are easily translated back into the workplace.
— Penny Fegan, Department of Health and Human Services
94% of program attendees agreed that Skilled minute-taking gave them skills they could immediately apply in their role.
— 2018 IPAA Victoria feedback surveys