Integrity is a core tenet of the public purpose sector and underpins the community’s trust in the services we deliver.
IPAA Victoria’s Manager Integrity and Ethical Leadership Program (Manager IELP) is the leadership development course for the modern public purpose sector senior manager. The immersive program will guide participants through a deep understanding of their own ethical orientation, identify any blockers, and provide the strategies and tools to be an effective leader and agent of change within an organisation.
Underpinned by the Integrity and Ethical Leadership Framework, the course equips managers with the strategies, intelligence and tools to build integrity and ethical resilience. Over a two-wave intensive, leaders who undertake the course can connect with like-minded peers from Victoria’s diverse public purpose sector.
The IELP Manager program incorporates three face to face touchpoints, where you will explore and develop your integrity and ethical leadership through the lens of the IPAA Victoria Integrity and Ethical Leadership Framework.
- Wave I adopts a systems view of positive integrity culture along with psychological safety within teams. You will also work on an ethical project in peer groups.
- Wave II focuses on how you impact the system to augment integrity and ethical leadership in practice and present with your peer groups on your ethical project
- We hear from a “Wisehead” guest speaker who provides insight into their real world ethical challenges
- Undertake a 360 survey and feedback on your report.
The Manager IELP participant is ideal for people who:
- manage teams whether small or large Managers who have oversight of governance or conflicts of interest, exercising judgement over resource allocation or sensitive information, managing external stakeholders, or responsibility for procurement or contract management
- translate strategy into action, implementing strategic and operational plans
- act as the ‘in-between’, needing to manage up, down and sideways.
Managers will walk away with the strategies, tools and knowledge to:
- Enhance understanding of own values and purpose and alignment with organisation.
- Strengthen understanding of the system you operate in to optimise ethical decisions and actions.
- Develop skills to improve own resilience and create enhanced team psychological safety.
- Enhance mindfulness of own decisions, including decision-making biases and impact.
- Improve ability to foster a positive integrity culture by empowering your team to make decisions ethically.
- Develop strategies to facilitate ethical decision making when dealing with a range of stakeholders with competing needs.
- Gain awareness of how to activate public sector purpose, values, codes of conduct, governance and risk processes to enhance ethical practice across your team.
“Systems thinking has helped me consider the role I’m playing in any situation and better understand the systems in which I’m operating.”
— Nigel Cadywould, Executive Director, Customer Engagement, Cenitex
“I am now more reflective rather than reactive when facing a dilemma.”
— Dr Geoff Allan, Chief Executive Officer, Austroads
“I can highly recommend this program for leaders who want to extend themselves.”
— Rebecca McKenzie, Chief Executive Officer, Glen Eira City Council