IPAA Victoria is pleased to partner with the Australian Institute of Company Directors to deliver the Foundations of Directorship for the Public Sector™ program.
We aim to deliver world class governance education, developed over a number of years, to build the capability of organisations, directors and executives in the Victorian public sector.
By attending this program, you will be among a growing number of public sector leaders looking to enhance their governance knowledge and capability. Upon completion of this program, participants will be able to:
• Explain the purpose and essential features of corporate governance.
• Identify the role and key functions of the board and its directors, directors’ rights, and their associated liabilities and protections.
• Identify the relevant regulatory frameworks and explain the roles of various regulators.
• Interpret the key financial statements of an organisation.
• Explain how to monitor the financial and non-financial indicators of organisational performance and the role of corporate strategy in driving financial performance.
• Discuss a director’s role in formulating, implementing and monitoring strategy and how to establish and manage key strategic planning frameworks.
• Illustrate a director’s role in identifying, assessing and managing risk and discuss risk avoidance, risk culture and risk appetite
What to expect from the Foundations of Directorship for the Public Sector?
Six comprehensive sessions that will cover:
Governance for Directors
• The Role of the Director and the Board
• Introduction to Board Meetings and Governance
Finance for Directors
• Introduction to Financial Statements for Directors
• Assessing Financial Performance for Directors
Strategy and Risk for Directors
• Introduction to the Strategic Role of the Director
• Risk: Issues for Directors
Participants will also have the option to complete the program assessment task. Those who successfully complete the assessment will be awarded the Foundations of Directorship Certificate.
How is the program delivered?
Participants will benefit from a series of short activities, interactive case studies, and facilitated discussions driven by their own experience in their respective organisations.
The program is delivered by expert facilitators who are selected based on their directorship experience in a similar organisation or industry, as well as their ability to engage and connect with participants.
Booking and pre work
To secure your place in this program, you will need to book by Friday 4 October. Pre work will be issued to you 4 weeks before the course commences and you will need this time to complete it.
What you will receive
Each attendee will receive an electronic and hard copy of course materials, post course feedback report and proof of program completion.
All members and non-members
$3300 including GST – applicable for all members and non-members.
IPAA Victoria in partnership with
Who Should Attend?
This course is designed for public sector boards, executive teams and statutory office holders.
This is a fundamental program for directors of government-owned corporate entities, as well as executives of those entities and statutory office holders starting on the director journey. It is ideal for executive teams in driving alignment between public sector boards and management.
PLATINUM MEMBERS complimentary places are not available for this event.
Contact us for more information.